What is AMM (Aurender Media Manager)?
The Aurender platform automatically scans music files stored on its internal storage for metadata. This is what allows the user to browse by artist, album, genre, album cover art, etc. However, due to the nature of Aurender's minimalist approach to CPU processing, the Aurender platform CANNOT scan content from external sources such as a NAS or USB HDD. So, AMM is a solution to scan external content and make it accessible in the app with support for tagged metadata. After you scan your NAS shares and/or a USB storage, you'll be able to browse by artist, composer, conductor, album title and genre with album covers in the app.
To use AMM with Aurender, your Aurender must be updated to System Software version 4.4.58/5.4.58 or later.
Download the AMM app from the Aurender Downloads Page. Please make sure to download the updated version corresponding to your Aurender system software version and Mac or Windows OS accordingly.
Using AMM to scan NAS shares
1. Upon starting the app, AMM will display available Aurender servers in your network.
2. Select an Aurender from the list.
* If there is only one Aurender, it will be selected by default.
* If you don’t see any Aurender from the list, click the Smart Search button to scan your network. If your Aurender still does not appear, then there is likely a network discrepancy between your computer and the Aurender. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
3. After selecting your Aurender, click the Back button.
4. To scan NAS folders, select "NAS" as pictured below:
5. Add a shared folder of NAS by pressing the "Add Share" button.
6. You will see a list of NAS and when select a NAS, you will see shared folders. After select a shared folder to connect, please enter User ID and Password to connect the selected shared folder on the NAS.
*If your NAS doesn’t allow browsing shared folders with guest account due to security settings, you can enter User ID and Password first then select the NAS device again then the shared folder list will be displayed.
7. If you want to add multiple shared folders, repeat step “6”.
8. Click Start Scan button.
* For faster scanning speed, we recommend using a hard-wired Ethernet connection. If your computer is connected to your network via BOTH WiFI and Ethernet, temporarily disable WiFi to make sure AMM can only use wired network.
9. Once scanning is finished, press "Exit."
10. The Aurender Conductor app will now download an updated information database.
Using AMM to scan USB storage
2. Start AMM.
3. Select "USB" as pictured below:
4. Select a USB storage device to scan from the list.
5. Click Start Scan button.
6. Once scanning is finished, press "Exit."
7. The Aurender Conductor app will now download an updated information database.